Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tweet tweet...Yeah, you heard me: I LOVE TWITTER!



My public relations professor dropped the bomb on my campaigns class last Wednesday: she asked us to "tweet"...on Twitter that is! After a year of boycotting the newest craze in social media, I must admit I really surprised myself. Not only was I shocked at how much I loved this so-called tweeting activity, but I actually found myself thinking about Twitter throughout the day (kind of lame, yeah...but at least I'm honest). I was pretty irritated when I heard the requirements of the infamous tweeting assignment...she told my fellow classmates and I that we were supposed to tweet at least 25 times during the upcoming week (including the use of links and @replies). This assignment did the trick, not only did I become active on the site but I also realize why this is such a vital tool in the PR profession. With the use of @replies, you can respond to corporations or individuals and let them know how you feel about something. With the use of links, you can publicize anything you like at the moment. And if you have a new idea, it's totally acceptable in the twitter community to retweet as many times a day as one sees fit! I love the fact that I'm a full-time tweeter now, hopefully my follower list will grow in 2010. If you're not on Twitter, set yourself up an account and follow people who have the same interests as you...But beware, it's addictive. Tweet ya later!

1 comment: