Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Ben & Jerry's: My favorite scoop AND socially active!



I just got home from the gym and ate steamed green beans and a leftover chicken breast. This obviously did not satisfy my tummy and I knew I needed something more...ICE CREAM always does the trick! I made a promise to myself that I would not divulge in this guilty pleasure until spring break is over, however, there was a half full tub of Half-Baked Ben & Jerry's in the freezer calling my name.
I told myself I'd have only one spoonful. I don't know why I thought this was realistic, because I obviously failed to stop at just one scoop. As I was finishing off the remnants of my favorite sweet treat, I knew I had to blog about it. Not only to tell you all that if you've never experienced the deliciousness of Ben & Jerry's, you should immediately run (or drive, whatever works best for you) to the closest grocery store and buy a pint. I would advise you on what not to get, as most brands have some not-so-tasty flavors, but this is absolutely not the case for my dear Ben & Jerry's brand. I've never had a flavor I didn't enjoy, so you're safe to try them all.(At this point, I've given you 3 hyperlinks, so there's no excuse not to at least check out their webpage.) But back to why I felt this calling to spread the word about this fabulous ice cream... not only is it the best quality because of the unique flavors AND it's all natural ingredients, but the company is on mission. You can describe them as "socially responsible" which is why I feel it's appropriate to publicize them on my PR blog. The company's mission statement has 3 parts that are connected: the social mission, the product mission, and the economic mission. I could go on and on about each section of their mission, but I want to focus in on the social mission for now. Ben & Jerry's co-founder Ben Cohen once said "Business has a repsonsibility to give back to the community." With this philosophy, they've built relationships with their community which makes the Ben & Jerry's culture so unique and publicly appealing. This is a brand that's mastered the art of connecting with their public, which has inevitably led to their lasting success. If you would like to stay in-tune with their newest flavors, check them out on Twitter @cherrygarcia...Maybe a PR internship will pop up, you never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment