Tuesday, May 4, 2010

10 Things I've Learned (so far...)

Although I'm not graduating this weekend like many of my fellow PR classmates, I've been in college for 4 years now...which means I've learned a few things, believe it or not!

1) Always turn things in on time. If you can't meet deadlines for your classes, then you won't be able to in the real world. So I've been told...

2)Be prepared. Just suck it up and do your readings before class, you'll really get a lot more out of it if you put in just a tiny bit of effort beforehand.

3)Face the fact that you're going to be writing a lot, and turn your assignments into opportunities to improve!

4)Get to know your classmates. The people in your major are going to be who you depend on at the end of the day. To say the least, they'll become your family.

5)Network, network, network. And by this I mean: View meeting new people as expanding your network. You never know who you'll need as a reference later.

6)Show up. The bottom line is: Don't miss class. Only you will suffer from your own absence.

7)Always do what your client wants, even over your own professor. Their satisfaction is what matters in the end.

8)Never panic at the beginning of the semester. It won't be as bad as it seems, I promise!

9)Public relations is not all glitz and glam...Know up front you that you will deal with some ugly stuff.

10)Have fun. If you don't have fun, it's not worth it.

1 comment: