Thursday, September 17, 2009

Why did I choose PR?


"PR, huh? What do you plan on doing with that?" - exact quote from my fabulous mother, Licia Evans. I'm still not so sure as to why I chose PR as a Mass Communication concentration, but what I do know is you couldn't have paid me to focus on Print Journalism or Telecommunications. It was all a process of elimination really...my mom is a nurse so I've heard the horror stories and didn't think I could go there. All of my aunts are teachers, don't think I have the patience for that either. My dad could care less so I just picked something that seemed to fit what I was searching for. Not to mention, my favorite character (Samantha Jones) on my favorite TV show (Sex and the City) is one of NYC's top PR buffs. I would be lying if I said she didn't influence me in some way. Cheesy? Yeah. Kind of lame? Yeah. But the point is I don't care. She is awesome and she dated Smith Jared for cryin' out loud. I'm sorry if this isn't a good enough reason but that's all I've got folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment